Operations Associate/Administrative Assistant
Seeking motivated individual with strong customer service mindset as well as exceptional communication skills to join our Operations team.
We are a well-established firm offering a competitive salary and benefits package, opportunities for growth, and a great working environment. Prior experience in a CPA Firm highly preferable.
Manager of Operations
The Operations Associate role is responsible for learning the specific administrative activities common to a public accounting firm and applying their technical skills to efficiently process client work, providing administrative support in the completion of the department’s goals and objectives, and assisting with internal firm administrative tasks and projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Service any client requests; respond to client communications in a professional and timely manner
- Responsible for the processing of individual and business tax returns, financial statements and all other client deliverables
- Provide general administrative support
- Maintain filing system of client documents
- Perform data entry and scan documents
- Electronic filing of client tax returns
- Administrative processing of billings and firm mailings
- Handles processing of client invoices and maintains daily posting of accounts receivables, including maintaining AR write-offs
- Various firm reporting
- Interprets and enforces administrative and operating policies and procedures for team members, while also keeping procedural documentation current
- Shares back-up phone and front desk coverage
Key success factors
- Friendly attitude and ability to build relationships
- Ability and desire to continually improve administrative skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail
- Interest in continually examining firm processes for better efficiency and effectiveness
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. and additional hours including Fridays and Saturdays during Tax Season (typically February through April 15).
- High school diploma required. College degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive administrative experience. CPA industry experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of private and sensitive information and documents.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Do You Want to Join Our Team?
Caras and Shulman, PC is always looking for qualified, highly motivated, and ambitious individuals looking for a challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested in this opportunity, you may forward your resume and cover letter for immediate consideration. To submit, your resume and cover letter, click the "Apply Here" button below: